Events / Activities
We’re thrilled that you have chosen to make this very important step of faith and obedience in your walk with God!
In order to make the day memorable and as perfect as possible, we suggest the following:
1.Bring a large towel and a change of clothing.
2.Be advised that light colors and certain lightweight fabrics do show through when wet, so please wear dark colors and fabrics that do not show through for modesty reasons. (No tank-tops or short shorts please)
3.The church will provide a trash bag for your wet clothes.
4.Invite your family and friends to witness what God is doing in your life and to celebrate with.
What will happen on your Baptism Day:
• Pastor will have a regular service. Towards the end of the service, you will be dismissed to go change. You can change in the rest rooms in the foyer near the main entrance.
• Pastor will call you out individually to be baptized.
• Parents with small children may stand close to the baptism tank.
• A camera will be taking pictures throughout the Baptism.
• You will be receiving your baptism certificate the following week.
• Upon your public confession of faith, Pastor will then turn towards you. You should place your right hand on your left wrist and hold your nose with your left hand. Bend your knees. Pastor will then say: I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Pastor will lean you back into the water to fully submerge you in the water. Work with him. Relax and hold your breath. He will pull you right back up.
• You will then step out of the baptism pool. It may feel very heavy as you will be completely wet and your clothes will be dripping, but the ushers will be assisting you.
• You can exit immediately up the stairs that will take you back to the rest rooms.
• If you borrowed a towel, place it in the bucket outside the restroom.
Note: If you have children under the age of 18 that would like to be baptized, please pick up a brochure at the Welcome Center table called, “Answering Your Questions about Water Baptism for Kids” ot download a PDF below. This will help make sure they have an understanding of water baptism.